Pasta with Smoked Salmon and Capers
- Large Skillet
- 1/4 Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion – Chopped
- 1/4 lb Smoked Salmon – Chopped
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream (Whipping Cream)
- 3 TBSP Capers – Drained
- To Taste Salt and Pepper To Taste
- 1 lb Pasta Cooked al dente, drained (reserving about 1/4 cup of the cooking water), and tossed with olive oil
- To Taste Parmesan Cheese Freshly Grated
- Cook Pasta per instructions (al dente.)
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, but not browned.
- Add the smoked salmon and continue cooking just until the salmon turns opaque,
1 to 2 minutes. Pour in the cream and add the capers.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Be careful how much salt you add because the smoked salmon and capers are both salty.
- Add the pasta and toss to coat. If there doesn't appear to be enough sauce, add a couple of tablespoons of the pasta cooking water to thin it down.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.